Wednesday, May 28, 2014

There and Back Again: A Tarheel's Tale

Our tale begins with a bookish nerd who studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her coolest adventures were her 2 ten-day trips to Italy & Greece and Germany, Austria, & Switzerland. Her most harrowing adventure was riding shotgun as her sixteen year old sister drove to the mall on I-485. Her most tedious adventure was reading Richardson's Pamela. However, her most thrilling, highly-anticipated adventure begins in less than 3 days. Soon, she will embark on six-week journey that will change her life forever...

Ok, guys, I know the beginning is a little dramatic, but thanks for humoring me. As most of you know,  I've been studying German for the past 3 years at Carolina. After months of planning, I finally decided to study abroad and put my German to the test. In a few days, I'll be heading to Berlin for six weeks to study German and literature and culture in Berlin from 1900 to present at Freie Universität's International Summer University. Besides studying, I've got a huge list of sights to see, as well as outings to Dresden, Weimar, and Hamburg planned. A few people expressed their interest in keeping up with my goings on, so I decided to try this whole blogging thing. In this blog, I hope to document my time abroad from the trials of packing and airport security to my personal embarrassments caused by language barriers to that hilarious thing that happened when I did that stupid thing that was probably only funny to me. By the end, I'd like to have a collection of witty (hopefully) anecdotes, pictures, videos, and a few adventures to commemorate my time in Germany. I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I'm sure I'll enjoy writing it.


4 comments:

  1. Cant wait to hear of your adventures! And yes, i am going to be living vicariously through your tales. I'm so Jelous!!! We are praying for your safety and for God's protective hand to be with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gabe! Hopefully I'll have some interesting stories for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! Dream come true :) I'll be following your [mis]adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read your blog! Be safe and have an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete