Wednesday, June 25, 2014

So You Want to be a Hamburger?

So... it's been a while. Too long, in fact. This post has been far too long in coming, but I suppose that's because of this past Saturday's Mistake of the Day.

Saturday's Mistake of the Day: Trusting a hostel to actually be clean.

So yeah, I caught a cold while on my trip to Hamburg, and I'm almost positive that it was because my bed at the hostel wasn't properly disinfected or what have you. Despite this misfortune, my trip to Hamburg was pretty cool. I've got lots of neat pictures that I'm excited to share with you guys. But first, a few random pictures.


So apparently there's a clothing store called Anson's at the mall in Rathaus Steglitz. Too ironic not to take a picture.

My new trick for improving my vocabulary and reading comprehension. 


Ok, so that was only two pictures, and now we can get to the meat of it (hamburger jokes, get it?). Anyways, I'll probably forgo captioning most of these, simply because they're somewhat random views of the city.











So this fountain actually has a bit of history attached to it, but I'm not going to lie to you guys. It's pretty gross and involves unclean water and cholera.

I like to call this one "Unintentional Fountain Hat"


The most beautiful church I've ever seen. Ha. Ha ha.

The oldest part of town. It narrowly escaped destruction in the huge fire in the mid 1800s. 


Anyone want to guess what the room that's sticking out a bit used to be? Hint, if you knew, you wouldn't have wanted to drink the beer in Hamburg back in the day.



Maybe I'm a sap, but I think this is kind of cute. Couples by a padlock with their names on them, lock them on the bridge, and toss the key into the river.



The incredibly famous (and unbelievably expensive) opera in Hamburg. It's still under construction and taking a bit longer than expected.


Obligatory selfie. You're welcome, mom.

And the hostel that started the cold.

As I was uploading these pictures, I realized there are way more than I thought. Therefore, you guys can expect a Hamburg: Day 2 update (hopefully) tomorrow-ish. Until then, my friends.

Tschüss!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your pictures! You look gorgeous! Thank you for taking the selfies. I love seeing your face! -Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a "couples locks" bridge in Florence, Italy too. I think they're kind of neat myself. I hate you got a cold, but I am glad to see that you're having fun and enjoying the sights. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love you - Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete